Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recipe: Beef Stroganoff

Hey all!
It's been long since I posted a recipe. That's because I haven't cooked in a long time! I woke up in a cooking mood today so I decided to make Beef Stroganoff with potatoes and veggies (Initial plan was to accompany that with homemade garlic bread but I didn't have enough butter to do so).

For those who would like to know how I make Beef Stroganoff, the recipe is below :-)

Ingredients:
- 0.5kg tenderloin steak (depends on how many stomachs you are feeding) - cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic - mashed
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp white flour
- water
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- Button mushrooms - sliced
- butter or oil

Method:
- Marinate the beef with the garlic, ginger, about 1tbsp of soy sauce and pepper for at least 30mins to 1hour in the refrigerator.
- In a frying pan, put some butter or oil and fry the beef strips till browned on both sides. Add some salt to taste while frying the beef.
- Set aside the beef.
- In the same pan, fry the onions until soft and golden brown and set aside together with the beef.
- Remove any excess oil/butter, and add mushrooms in the same pan and saute in medium heat.
- Now add 1 cup of yoghurt, followed by a mixture of 1 tbsp of flour in 1/4 cup of water. This will thicken the sauce.
- Now add the beef and onion mixture into the mushroom sauce, add extra ingredients as per your taste - You can add extra soy sauce, or salt and pepper if you wish, as well as some water if you prefer to have more gravy.
- Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Your Beef Stroganoff is now ready! Enjoy with Pasta, mashed potatoes, garlic bread or rice!

PS. The Soy sauce is my own addition, you can eliminate it from this recipe if you wish. I use it because I like the extra taste and colour of soy sauce in my food :)
Beef Stroganoff with Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower

2 comments: