Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rambles: Buddha's Hand Amulet.

Hello all! Today I would like to share with you this lovely gift that my boss gifted me and my colleagues when he got back from his trip to Taiwan recently.

This pendant is actually known as "Buddha's Hand" and is made from Jade. It is meant to bring good fortune to the wearers.

I was really fascinated by this amulet. I love the way it is hand-carved and carries such a deep meaning behind it. I therefore decided to do some further research on it.

I learnt some interesting facts about it:
- It has been worn for thousands of years by Buddhists (and Non-Buddhists).
- It is considered improper if worn below the chest.
- One should not point directly at it.
- One should not enter any inappropriate places while wearing it.
- The hand gesture symbolizes granting of wishes.

I would love to know more about it, so if anyone who comes across this article has any more information, please share! Also, if I have given any wrong information here, do not hesitate to correct me :)

Well, that's it for tonight. Goodnight all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment