Friday, March 18, 2011

Rambles: How to feel good when you are sick

Hello All!

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I have been unwell this past week; been stuck with flu and fever, and we all know how much that drains all the energy off our bodies; making us look- and feel like zombies!

Those of you who know me personally also know that I get sick easily. I drink lots of orange juice - I get a sore throat that starts of the flu-fever series, I stay up too late for 3 days in a row - I get a sore throat...and so on.

I have therefore decided to share some tips with you all below on how to feel good when not feeling well. These are from my own experiences and my way of adapting to such times.

So how do we feel good at such times?
- The most important thing to do is to stay positive! Wait, don't go away yet! I know you have heard this statement several times before. Maybe I should say, don't have negative thoughts! Be DETERMINED to get well and REFUSE to feel sick. Make great plans for yourself to do when you are fine. This way you will look forward to recovering, hence recover faster.

- Dress up and look good no matter how you feel. By doing this, all attention from people goes on the way you are dressed instead of how sick your face looks! Get complimented rather than asked why you look sick or tired. You will feel a hundred times better this way.

- Surround yourself with friends, loved ones or do something that you enjoy such as reading a good book or listening to music. Make sure you don't get lonely. Avoid being alone except for when you are resting (and you should get plenty of rest as well).


In short, to feel good when you are sick, just pretend that you are not sick. Continue as normal :)

PS. Pretending to be normal doesn't mean that we should not take advantage of the situation by getting extra TLC from loved ones. There is no harm in getting pampered, as long as your mindset is positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment