Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beauty: Hair Rebonding Nightmare

Ladies, get your tissues ready to weep for me. This is a sad one.

When I first came to Malaysia back in 2007, I was a full-time geek, but I had nice, curly hair. I could straighten it when I wanted or I could leave it curly. Pure bliss.

As time went on, my geekiness took over me. I had no time to play around with my hair anymore.
I then learned about Hair Rebonding - The miracle hair cure for people like me!
Hair rebonding is a permanent hair straightening method (well, until your hair grows, that is). It is a tedious process of first breaking your natural hair bonds, and then creating new bonds). It takes about 3-7hours to get it done (from my experiences), depending on your hair type. After it's done, you can not wash, tie or let your hair get wet for a minimum of three days.

With your rebonded hair, you can be worry-free for at least 4-6 months. It is a pretty expensive method, but it saves a lot of time at the end of the day so if you think of it this way, it's worth it!

As for me, it was a huge mistake!
Once you rebond your hair, you are stuck with it for a long time! Considering how fast my hair grows, I had to get it retouched every 3 months! damn expensive and damaging, right? On top of that, I couldn't style my at all. It ended up looking straight, flat and lifeless.

The worse thing is, you can not get your hair permed while your hair is rebonded. You have to let it grow out completely before you can do that. So in order to get my naturally curly hair back, I had to wait while it grew.

It has now been a little over a year since I last rebonded my hair. I have about 2 inches of rebonded hair left, the rest is curly! But thanks to Hair straightening irons, I can fix that problem.

I think in a month or two, I should have my curly hair back! :) Keeping my fingers crossed!

For those considering this straightening method, think twice. If you have naturally straight hair and you want to make it straighter and shinier, it might be worth it for you, but for the others, I recommend relaxing your hair, or just styling it with hair straighters or curlers. Your hair will look much more healthier with more volume.

1 comment:

  1. I have read your post, it was very helpful to me.
    Thank you for share the post.
    find this

    ReplyDelete