Friday, September 16, 2011

Beauty: My experience with MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation

A few months back, I posted a review on the Estee Lauder Mineral foundation and how wonderful it was.In spite of its wonderful qualities, I also mentioned that it didn't stay on for very long and had to be reapplied after a few hours (especially if you had to wear it all day long).

Anyway, recently, I decided to put my MAC studio fix fluid foundation again and due to its wonderful coverage with just a bit of product, I fell in love with it and began applying it on a daily basis.



image from http://megsmakeup.com/meghead/dvbourassa/fav-product-1/mac-studio-fix-fluid

BIG MISTAKE!!! I didn't notice this immediately, but after a while I realized that I was breaking out everyday! a new zit every day on my cheeks!

I thought maybe my cleansing regime wasn't very good, so I made sure I was more careful and removed every trace of makeup. Then I thought it was because of my coffee addiction, so I cut down coffee. Nope! the pimples kept popping up! 

Then one day, I felt strong nostalgia over my Estee Lauder foundation. I missed the natural radiant look it gave. So I put it on again, and as usual, reapplied over the next days (till now); and guess what? my daily zits have stopped! 

I feel relieved to have finally found the cause and a solution. 

But then again, we should also note that not everyone's skin is the same and what doesn't work for me can work for others. I have friends who use MAC foundation, and it doesn't affect them. My mother also uses MAC and she has no break outs. 

 suggest you give it a try if you want proper coverage, but if you have sudden break outs, you know what the cause is. 

Please note that am not trashing this brand/product. I am just sharing my own personal experience with this specific type of foundation by MAC. 

Thanks for reading, and have an awesome day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment