Monday, May 23, 2011

Recipes: Healthy Habits

We always discuss bad habits and addictions, but we rarely share our good stuff!

I think it would motivate the people next to us and spread the goodness!
Below are some of my (very few) good habits that I have forced myself to develop over time.

1. Drinking lots of water.

- That's what we are always asked to do, but for me personally, I tend to look really pale and dehydrated when I don't take enough. My skin looks darker and I look terribly sick. So i make sure I drink water continuously wherever I am. I don't mind the frequent trips to the restroom as a result.Water can even eliminate the unnecessary hunger pangs we get at odd times. Always have a bottle of water with you If it's in front of you, you will remember to have it often.

2. Yoghurt
-I eat flavored yoghurt every morning. Of course, eating natural yoghurt is much better, but I really hate that. So I substitute with the flavoured one. Sometimes, I take 2 servings. One for breafkast with bread/cereal fruit, and the other at around 3 or 4 pm. It keeps me from getting sick often, leaves me feeling refreshed and healthy.

3. Lunch and Dinner
- During lunch, I try to avoid carbs. If I ordered Fish for lunch, I will ask for extra veggies and instead of the fries. My carbs intake is mainly from bread. Once or twice a week, I will have fries or rice. I usually order salad for lunch. If i get tired of fresh veggie salad, I would go for Caesar salad or just poached veggies. For dinner, I usually eat Feta cheese and Tomato sandwich or tuna sandwich. If am in the mood to cook, I might cook a nice and simple vegetarian meal.

4. Working out
- I try to work out everyday. Sitting all day in front of a computer ends up making me feel all hunched and tired at the end of the day. Sometimes I get a backache as well. So what I do is, once I get home, I do some stretching exercises, a few leg lifts and of course some 300 crunches a day (working towards my six pack dream! haha). I notice that my back pain stops immediately after that.

5. Hunger pangs
- When I get hungry between meals, I munch on fresh fruits or veggies. My new favorite is sliced cucumbers. A good snack for school or work would be slicing up carrots and cucumbers with a few drops of lemon on it. Apples is another favourite.

I admit I am turning into a veggie freak these days. Considering the fact that I used to hate veggies just 2 years back is very surprising to me, but hey! It's a good habit so am enjoying and loving every moment of it!

Having mentioned the top 5 good and healthy habits, I would like to add that I do also have a few bad habits, but I will leave that for another blog post!!! :)

I hope whoever came across this post would try to embrace the above for themselves. I would also love to read about your healthy habits, so lets share the positivity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment