Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recipe: Veggie Burgers

Burgers are one of the most addictive foods loved by the majority of the world. Made in different styles and ingredients, there is a burger to satisfy every taste bud in the world. I am one of those people who loves burgers.

Going vegetarian recently didn't stop me from having burgers. I decided to make my own style of veggie burger! The key in making veggie burgers is to make it as yummy as possible in order to match the standards of the um...non-veg burgers.

Below is my recipe. I am sure as I get more practice in cooking vegetarian meals, the quality and creativity in my burgers will also improve, but for now, this worked great for me! I LOVED them!!

Delicious Veggie burgers  (http://www.vegansoapbox.com/veggie-burgers-vs-beef-burgers/)


*Please note that the image above is just for illustration purpose, and will be replaced once I have my own*

Ingredients:
Canned Chick Peas
Canned Green peas
Boiled Potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed/chopped
salt
pepper
chilli powder/green chilli, chopped
1 tbsp tomato paste
Breadcrumbs
1 egg
oil
Tomato, sliced
burger buns


Method
- Put the Chick peas, green peas and boiled potatoes in the blender or mash it all with a fork and set aside.
- Put 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and saute the onions until golden brown.
- Add garlic, chilli, salt pepper to the onions
- Add the tomato paste.
- Turn off the stove, mix the mashed mixture of potatoes and peas into the onion mixture, add a few table spoons of breadcrumbs inside it.
- Make patties from the mixture.
- Now take a bowl and beat an egg in it.
- Put some breadcrumbs in a separate plate
- Dip the patties into the egg, and then roll it over the breadcrumbs
- take a few tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and fry your patties on both sides on medium heat till it becomes nice and crispy from the outside
- Place the patties in the burger buns, followed by a tomato slice on top.
- Your delicious, crispy burger is ready to be devoured!

No comments:

Post a Comment