Friday, May 27, 2011

Rambles: Why I Turned Vegetarian: My Story.

It's been 2 weeks since I turned vegetarian. So far, there has been no regrets involved in my decision :)

Why did I make this decision? you may wonder.
Well, ever since I was a little girl, I was a true bird lover. I would feed pigeons, chickens and any kind of feathered species that would visit me at/outside home.

It was so touching to see the birds eat the food I fed them. I would even place a huge tray of water and watch the pigeons splash the water everywhere :)
There was a farm near my house, so whenever I opened my house gate, all the chickens would speed  towards the gate and inside my house. That was the most adorable thing to watch. I learned new tricks everyday. I learned that when you want to call a chicken, all you have to do is make smacking sounds with  your lips and they will come towards you.

Then I had to move house and leave all my feathered friends behind me. That was a very heartbreaking moment.

Now how is that related to vegetarianism? It's Simple. How could I eat my little friends?
That time, when I suggested this idea to my mom, she said that I was still growing and I needed sufficient amount of protein.
Now that I am all grown up (and overgrown :P) I feel its the perfect time for me to do that. I can now cook several healthy dishes on my own with different sources of protein. I can finally feel like am doing something worthwhile.

I also had a terrible visual in my head while having chicken salad two weeks ago that led me to me to be more sure of this decision and stop spontaneously.

I am finally at peace with myself :)

Hope you enjoyed my little story. Have a great day everyone! :)

*Please note that I am just sharing my  story and am in no way trying to turn people off from eating whatever they want to eat, everyone has their own beliefs, and I respect that*

No comments:

Post a Comment