Saturday, September 14, 2013

Feeling Grateful

It's been a long time since I last posted here. It is Saturday night and I am kind of stuck at home due to incomplete construction work right outside my house. My idle mind brought back some fond memories of blogging so I decided to post something tonight.

I can't believe how much has changed in my life since my last post. I feel like a different person. A calmer, happier and more satisfied person.

Today, I will share with you a secret that led me to feeling all these wonderful feelings.

The secret is letting go.

- To let go of all that is controlling you and holding you back from being who you really are.
- To let go of the things you depend on so much.  All the things you think you are addicted to.
- Letting go of fears by facing them.
- Letting go of things/words that don't really matter on a deeper level.

By letting go, I do not mean depriving yourself.
It just means to loosen the tight grip you have on things and to live in moderation.

When you let go of those things that are indirectly controlling you, you are suddenly in control of yourself and you get the willpower to do ANYTHING you want.

Am I making any sense here?

There are a few things I have quit over time, I turned vegetarian, I quit drinking coffee (which was my biggest addiction), I quit eating chocolate, I quit 95% of gossiping (5% is from engaging in it unintentionally), I quit my job in Malaysia that I had practically dedicated my entire life to and I quit having fizzy drinks.
I did all these without any expectations. There are people who judged me by claiming it was a 'pact I had made with God' to get something by giving something away. That is bullshit in my opinion. All the above have led me to live an ethical and healthier lifestyle, and it was surprisingly very easy!

As a result of the above, I have started seeing the whole world differently and am more in control of my life.

My version of letting go may sound too extreme to some people, but my point is only to say that if there is something that controls your mind to the point of affecting you negatively, then loosen that grip on it. You will end up releasing a huge burden that you had no idea you were carrying :-)

Wishing you all a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment